Cancer Care Team
Surviving cancer is dependent on the knowledge, hard work, commitment and care of many people. The oncologists and other cancer specialists at Shaw Regional Cancer Center have trained at some of the most respected medical and cancer treatment centers in the country, including Johns Hopkins University, Brown University, UCLA and the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute. Our care team is one of our greatest assets because of the individual and combined expertise and commitment that we give to every patient. Additionally, the following services complement our cancer treatment programs:
- Sonnenalp Breast Imaging Center, which provides the most complete and technologically advanced mammography services available. The breast imaging center is accredited through the Mammography Quality Standards Act, a federal law designed to ensure mammograms are safe and reliable.
- Rocky Mountain Urology, which provides patients with expert diagnosis and treatment in all facets of modern urology, including prostate and kidney cancer, as well as the potential concurrent effects of radiation and chemical treatments.
- Mountain Surgical Associates, an association of some of the most respected cancer surgeons in Colorado, specializing in surgical procedures for breast, colon and rectal, endocrine, lung and melanoma cancers. Mountain Surgical Associates also has an Ostomy Clinic for patients requiring ongoing support.
- Vail Institute for Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery, which specializes in post-cancer reconstructive surgery.
- University of Colorado, offering clinical trials from which our professionals learn new ways to improve health and cancer care.